AOPA Members Working Group
AOPA Members Working Group meets around four times each year to interact with its members. All members are welcome to attend. Meetings are usually held on a Saturday at or near an airfield and timed to allow attendees to fly in and out - typically arriving at 10am and finishing around 3pm, with a break for lunch.
The MWG is usually very well supported. Pauline Vahey, our Chairman, Martin Robinson, our CEO, and Nick Wilcock, our Regulatory Expert usually attend and meetings are chaired by David Chambers. Several members are regular attendees while some are only able to come less frequently.
The MWG terms of reference (see below) include nurturing a number of initiatives to fruition. It provides a chance to meet members of the Executive, find out what’s going on, express your views and get involved in new projects and initiatives that interest you.
If you'd like to attend or volunteer your services to assist AOPA in any way please contact David Chambers.
Members Working Group Terms of Reference
- To further the aims and objectives of AOPA UK.
- To provide the AOPA board with information, views and opinions from the wider private pilot membership and to make recommendations when necessary.
- To provide support and progress reviews for specific projects and campaigns that benefit the membership at large.
- The group to consist of grass roots members, the AOPA magazine editor, the Chief Executive and the AOPA Chairman, the latter two by open invitation.
- Membership of the group is voluntary.
- The group will aim to meet at least three times per year at a venue to be decided by the group.
- The group will elect its own chairman who should be a Pilot Member of AOPA
Meeting dates and locations are notified through the AOPA UK Enewsletter. If you do not receive the AOPA UK Enewsletter please subscribe here.
Preliminary dates for 2021 (Subject to change):
All meetings ar likely to be held via Zoom although we will hold one or more in person if restrictions permit.
All AOPA members are most welcome to attend - you do not have to be specifically invited but must register in advance.
Zoom meetings gather from 9:30, formally start at 10am and finish at 13:00
Saturday 23 January
Saturday 20 March
Saturday 26 June
Saturday 23 October
To register for a Zoom meeting please email David Chambers: email@example.com